So after getting all excited watching a SW competition and then finding a competition I can attend and then sending off the application form followed by a great S&C class where we did 120kg farmers walk and 120kg standing sled pull it all went a bit flat. I had a great bank holiday (legoland, beach, family etc) but 4 days no gym. Unfortunately leaving children outside the pub (or in my case gym) in the car with a coke and a packet of crisps is now frowned upon, unlike in the 70s (is this really the case or is it just a myth?).
Luckily the week has picked up, Tuesday I deadlifted, Wednesday I did a circuit for 30 minutes (hip thrusts, weighted step ups, lunges, assisted press ups, assisted chin ups & assisted tricep dips) mainly to get the blood pumping. Today I had strongwomen event training with the owner of the gym. We did the yoke and I managed to move 150kg about 5m. Now come August I need to move it 20m and FAST, but today I moved it 5m for the first time and it made me feel like a badass which segues neatly into my small rant for today. I saw a poster the tagline being “Reason to lose weight no 1: So I can feel like a badass”. This was illustrated by a picture of a headless women and a defined set of abs. (Fucking hell, STOP with the headless bit, we need heads, heads should be COMPULSORY on all posters)
Can you hear my screams of frustration? Anyway I decided to list some things that make me feel badass, and because I love lists.
- Moving a 150kg yoke for the first time
- Making my son & daughter giggle
- Finding bananas on the reduced shelf
- Running the Turbo X trail with 4 weeks notice and not dying in the middle
- Getting 2 sessions in the gym in one day (ok that’s less badass and more stupidity but you have to get your training done when you can)
- Winning against my husband when playing anything (maybe that should be filed under childish rather than badass)
Anyway the point being that there is nothing about how my body LOOKS that makes me badass it’s what my body can do that is the rockin part.
What makes you feel like a badass?