You know what I fear? The dreaded “AMRAP in 60 seconds” phrase. It strikes terror into my heart and muscles for the following reasons.
- I am lazy
- I am competitive with myself
- 60 seconds is a fucking long time (when my coach first did AMRAP on trap bar deadlifts I thought he was lying about the length of time to get me to do more)
I would make a rubbish crossfitter.
This weeks sessions has 2 AMRAP. Double the fun!! However as much as I protest I think AMRAP works for me as I know the first set will never be my best effort. Which is a little problematic for competitions but not for training sessions.
- Trap Bar Deadlifts 3*max reps in 60 secs. 18@80, 19@90, 21@90
- Yoke 6*25m timed @110kg
- Good mornings with chains 4*8
- Hip thrusts with chain 4*20
- tyre flip – yeah lets not go there.
- Log press AMRAP 30kg for 60s 10,12,10
- Pick up Sandbags 10kg, 20kg, 35kg, plus keg at roughly 40kg run 20m place on platform run back for next object. 6 sets
So as we were going to board the train on Saturday to a wedding I, as usual, had no book to read and went looking for a magazine. My husband unhelpful pointed out I hated the magazines. I didn’t buy one. However whilst wandering around the internet I did come across this article
I, of course, would add a fitness section but not consisting of
- 6 exercises to get a flat stomach
- Your running weight loss plan
- hello bikini body!
- Drop 4kg on holiday
- How to flip a tyre (yeah it’s becoming a thing)
- The actual meaning of the word tone in relation to muscle
- How to out lift your partner
- Why women belong in the weights section
- 6 exercises to make you feel like a badass in the gym whatever the size or shape of your stomach.
What would you like to see in your ideal women’s magazine? (or even a stop to gender specific magazines?!?!)