So I seem to have skipped all of last week. It got a bit hectic on Wednesday when I entered a competition to win tickets for camping at Camp Bestival and found out I won on 4:30pm. Camp Bestival started on Thursday and I own no camping equipment.
Before the week went a bit crazy I did a session on Monday
- Trap bar deadlifts 1*4*50, 1*4*70, 1*4*90,1*4*100, 1*4*105, 1*4*110, 2*3*112.5
- Romanian deadlifts (4×8*80)
- Walking db lunges (4×6*12.5kg per leg)
Tuesday I had severe DOMs in my glutes and hamstrings which made even sitting down uncomfortable. I turned up for a coached session on Wednesday full of moans.
- I was tired (my 2&5 yr old don’t always sleep well)
- I STILL had pain in glutes and hamstrings
- I just felt exhausted
My coach was brilliant, listening and amending what we were going to do. I always think it’s a good quality for a coach to have to know when you are just moaning for the sake of it and when you are genuinely not up for stuff. He then proceeded to destroy my shoulders.
- Log press
- Chest press from floor
- Dumbell shoulder press
- Shoulder Shocker circuit – shoulder press, front raise, lateral raise, (2 more exercises I can’t read my writing for and can’t remember), finished off with band pull aparts
Anyway Camp Bestival. It was fab, just what I needed, some downtime with my family.
Now I’m back, the competition is in less than 6 days and I am both cacking myself and saying bring it on. I know on the day half the battle is going to be mental so I need to stop putting myself down and start building myself up. Back in the gym tomorrow morning, not sure what the plan will be for this week I can only definitely train tomorrow and Tuesday. This time next week it will be all over and I will be able to say I was a StrongWoman competitor!